At Camp, if we learn one thing, it's that...
We Want to make sure that you have the tools you need to succeed once you get back home. We've put together a manual you can use to help start (or continue) whatever your passions are. Want to start a girls football team? GREAT! Want to help fundraise for your church's youth group? GREAT! Want to add new activities at your after school club? GREAT! Want to... well you get the idea
Some things that are covered in the manual are:
- Steps to starting your own mini G.L.O.W. (including session plans)
- Ideas for your community
- How to fundraise
- G.L.O.W. Journal
- Inspirational quotes
Here's a snippet from the G.L.O.W. manual
Ten Ways to Keep Your Community GLOWing
- Do something for someone who can never repay you!
- Rather than focusing on changing the behavior of others, work towards being a GLOWING role model in your community. People will take notice of the positive leadership you display!
- Volunteer some of your time with the elders in your community. Sit down and talk with them, and ask questions about your community and how things were run when they were your age. Try and find similarities and differences. You will be surprised!
- Make a craft from recycled materials and teach it to the children in your community!
- Write a list of 5 things you love about your community and 5 things that could be improved. Work on highlighting the positives and working on the areas of improvement.
- Learn something new! Become an expert. Get curious and learn all there is to learn about what interests you.
- Create an uplifting environment for yourself. This can be joyful colors, uplifting music, planting flowers, uplifting posters, open windows... you decide.
- Stop comparing yourself with others! “Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is You~er than You.” –Dr. Seuss
- Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people who support you in all that you do!
- Be grateful and count your blessings! Appreciate family and friends and tell them you love them every single day! Give compliments freely : )